WHY IS PREVENTION IMPORTANT?
Oral Health for Overall Health
Proper oral hygiene does not only prevent caries and periodontal disease but also affects our overall health and well-being.
In the dental office, the dentist and the dental hygienist work together to meet the oral health needs of patients. There are many services that our hygienists perform. Some of these include:
- patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- taking dental radiographs (x-rays) and intra oral photographs
- removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
- applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- making impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs)
- In-office tooth whitening
- laser therapy for treatment of gum disease
Smile Dental Clinic is happy to extend the courtesy of accepting assignment of benefits from most insurance companies for our existing patients. New patients wanting this courtesy extended to them will need to provide their insurance details prior to securing an appointment with us so that we may verify benefits. Predeterminations may be submitted to the insurance company to verify what the insurance company will pay out on a procedure.
Each year, many clients lose out on hundreds of dollars through their dental insurance provider, simply because time has slipped away. We know life gets busy and before you know it, another year has come and gone and you have not seen your dentist. Don’t forget to take advantage of your remaining dental insurance benefits before the end of the year! Call our office today to schedule an appointment at Smile Dental Clinic.
"Assignment of Benefits" is a legally binding agreement between you and your Insurance Company, asking them to send your reimbursement checks directly to your dentist. When our office accepts an assignment of benefits, we often have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for your insurance reimbursement to arrive. We extend assignment benefits to our patients as a courtesy knowing that this service will help with financial obligations. Extending this service means helping you continue your treatment in a prompt manner without heavy out of pocket expenses. Dental offices are not required by any legislation in Cayman to do so, however, we are happy to accept assignment and wait for our reimbursement of services. Please note that we also have the right to revoke this benefit at any time if your insurance company practices certain "Nuisance Behaviours".
For your convenience we also except Visa, MasterCard, Debit Cards, Cash and Checks.